Gardens are beautiful places where many of you like to spend your free time. And what better way than spending your time than in a garden office? This concept is still new and in its nascent stages, but it is gaining momentum around the world.
How To Define A Garden Office?
A garden office is a separate building in your garden It is designed to be refurbished and transformed into a garden office. It is not like the conventional extensions that are added to the original home.
In fact, it is here as an alternative to home extensions that act as an extra building to accommodate some purpose.
These are permanent structures that stand at the back of your garden all year round acting as your office from home.
Nowadays, the work from home culture is fast developing and it is here to stay. Having your office in the garden is a great option for people preferring to work from home.
The Purpose Of A Garden Office
As the name suggests it is as good as your traditional office where you commute daily. The only difference is that this office is in your backyard, and you do not require commuting. This alone makes building a garden office cost-effective for you in the long run.
Garden offices are not only used for official work. There are tons of different ways to use them. You can spend some quality leisure time alone here. You can sit and entertain your friends and extended family members. But the best way to use the garden office would be to sit and read books. They clearly demarcate your family life and your work life.
What To Ask The Builder Before You Build Your Garden Office?
Before you talk to your builder, you need to make a list of things you must clarify before building a garden office. You should be clear as to what will be included in their quotation. Will they include?
- The entire building material
- Doors and windows
- Project management
- Internal fittings like electric, plumbing, phone connection, etc.
- A guarantee
The Benefits Of A Garden Office
Having your office in the garden certainly does have several benefits that might pull you towards building one for yourself.
- You need not commute to work daily if you own a garden office. It saves you a lot in terms of fuel wastage and protects you from pollution while commuting.
- You are in the lap of nature with a garden office. That is good for your mental well-being and health. It ultimately increases your productivity.
- It lifts your mood when you are in the middle of nature.
- Allows you customization as per your comfort level, budget, and taste.
- Garden offices are highly eco-friendly.
- Your working hours are not rigid and allows you flexibility.
- One need not look for authorization to assemble the workplace.
- It will save the additional time and additional development costs for the proprietor.
- One can appreciate regular light and nature’s view alongside their work.
- It will expand the value of your home thus, regardless of whether you need to sell it later, you can get an attractive sum for it.
- These Offices offer an expert climate and keep the individual from workplace issues.
- Regardless of whether somebody have a lot of cash, the fantasy of their own office can work out on account of the nursery customization office.
- Home nursery workplaces take fundamentally less time in the establishment interaction than different workplaces.
- It will assist with making your bond solid with your relatives since you are done going to disregard them while working at home.
- One can visit their home whenever on account of the solid distance between them.
Rules Regarding Garden Offices
You do not require permission to build a garden office provided:
- You are a resident of personal property and not an apartment
- Your development rights are intact
- You do not reside in a listed building
- If you live within the vicinity of any heritage site, national park, or protected area by the government then you will have to size down your office in the garden as per the laws of the land
A garden office has turned out to be one of the best options for people who prefer to work from home. So, if you have the luxury of a garden, then a garden office can be your preferred choice too. You will reap the benefits of working from there and will then laud yourself with a pat on the back for your decision.
Also check out Stylish Home Office Ideas for Minimalists.